Here are 10 lessons from the book Get Out of My Head: Inspiration for Over thinkers in an World:
- Overthinking is not your fault. Everyone overthinks from time to time, and it is often a result of our anxiety and fears.
- It is important to be present in the moment. When you are overthinking, you are often focused on the past or the future. Instead, try to focus on the present moment and enjoy your life.
- You can learn to manage your overthinking. There are a number of techniques that you can use to calm your mind and reduce your overthinking.
- It is okay to let go of your thoughts. You do not have to hold on to every thought that you have. Instead, let go of your thoughts and allow yourself to be present in the moment.
- You are not alone. Millions of people struggle with overthinking. There are many resources available to help you manage your overthinking and live a happier and more fulfilling life.
- You are not your thoughts. Your thoughts are just that: thoughts. They do not define you, and you do not have to believe them.
- You are worthy of love and happiness. Overthinking can make you feel like you are not worthy of love and happiness. However, it is important to remember that you are worthy of love and happiness, regardless of your thoughts.
- You are capable of great things. Overthinking can hold you back from achieving your goals. However, you are capable of great things if you believe in yourself and let go of your limiting thoughts.
- You can create your own reality. Your thoughts create your reality. If you want to change your reality, you need to change your thoughts.
- It is important to be kind to yourself. Overthinking can be difficult to deal with, so it is important to be kind to yourself and to celebrate your successes.
If you struggle with overthinking, I encourage you to read Get Out of My Head: Inspiration for Over thinkers in an Anxious World by Meredith Arthur. It is a helpful and inspiring book that can help you to manage your overthinking and live a happier and more fulfilling life.